In this place we leave behind the frenzy of everyday life to relive the pleasure of other times, slow and relaxed, to rediscover authentic harmony with nature, taste, conviviality. Solive, is in a strategic point, between Brescia and Lake Iseo where there is really a lot to discover.
Torbiato di Adro
The small town is now part of the municipality of Adro. The village owes its name to its marshy and peat-rich terrain. The town is perched on a hill in a panoramic position, surrounded by vineyards, cultivated meadows and small woods. Feud of the Monastery of San Faustino di Brescia in the 9th century, it preserves in the title of the parish church the devotion to the Brescia saints Faustino and Giovita.
The most fascinating place is represented by remains of the ancient castle, which incorporates within its walls the ancient church of San Faustino, of which the Romanesque apse and the eighteenth-century bell tower are now visible. From this belvedere, the view sweeps across the Franciacorta countryside to Lake Iseo. The eighteenth-century church houses an altarpiece attributed to Pietro Marone and works by Antonio Paglia; the wooden tabernacle is from the Fantoni school. There are several historic noble residences: the sixteenth-century Villa Suardi with an adjoining large park; the Villa Calini-Carini, perhaps from the 16th century and radically restored with neoclassical taste, Villa Berlucchi, already a rural construction around a tower house.
To visit the Sanctuary of the Madonna della Neve. Ruled by the Discalced Carmelite friars in 1912, it is today a revered destination for numerous pilgrims. With an octagonal plan, it houses notable works by Fantoni. In the former rural house of the friars adjacent to the sanctuary is hosted the Silkworm Museum of the Discalced Carmelites. Knock: it will be opened to you.
The Romanesque church of Santa Maria in Favento, dating back to 1200, is located along the ancient Roman consular road to Valle Camonica. Internally and externally, the church church is decorated with valuable votive frescoes from the 15th-16th centuries, among which the triumphal arch (Annunciation and Trinity) and an evocative "San Giorgio and the dragon" of almost Byzantine taste stand out.
The Quistini Castle, with adjoining botanical garden of roses, is open every Sunday and holidays from 10.00 to 12.00 and from 15.00 to 18.00 from April 1st to November. Open for visits, on Convent of the Annunciation of the Servite Friars di Maria is located in a privileged position on the eastern slopes of Monte Orfano in the municipality of Rovato. The complex with internal cloister houses works of great artistic importance including an Annunciation by Romanino (1485-1566).
There Torbiere del Sebino Nature Reserve is a reserve of the Lombardy Region located on the southern shore of Lake Iseo, in the municipalities of Provaglio d'Iseo, Iseo and Cortefranca.
The 360-hectare area made up of reeds and stretches of water, and rich in innumerable species of lake flora and fauna, is crossed by footpaths and wooden piers and cycleways and equipped with rest areas and birdwatching areas.
Dominating the peat bog park stands the Romanesque monastery of San Pietro in Lamosa, which internally preserves a remarkable cycle of frescoes from the 16th century. depicting the life of Jesus.
Located close to the morainic amphitheater of Sebino, Monte Orfano and gateway to the plain, Erbusco probably owes its name to its location in a grassy or wooded place (herba - el bosch - er bosch).
The first settlements date back to the Neolithic period, but history documents above all an important Roman period with tombstones, memorial stones and friezes, some of which are preserved in Brescia in the Roman section of the Santa Giulia museum or walled up in the facade of the Monte di Pietà building. Located on the ancient Roman road that led from Brescia to Milan, Erbusco was an important rural church and fief of the Martinengo family.
The testimonies of its glorious past are collected both in the small historic center, rich in remains and significant buildings, and in the surrounding countryside, the holiday resort of noble families from Brescia and Milan who had villas and residences built there.
The ancient nucleus takes place around the Castle, built between 1279 and 1312, of which today only the portal with slits and the drawbridge can be admired. The parish church of Santa Maria, built around the 13th century. Among the remarkable artistic heritage of the parish church, the fragments of the pluteus of the 9th century and the frescoes of great value of the Madonna enthroned with the Child and the Annunciation attributed to painters with evident influences of Gentile da Fabriano - called to Brescia from Pandolfo Malatesta in 1414 to work in the Broletto chapel. Also in the apse is the beautiful fresco of Sant'Orsola and the virgins of the fifteenth century to be admired. The bell tower of the parish church was built between 1396 and 1436.
Among splendid cloisters and atmospheres full of peace, it is possible to visit the Art and Culture Center ofOlivetan Abbey of San Nicola. It will be a polysemic journey, in which art and culture are harmoniously accompanied by the spiritual values of the Benedictine Rule.
Lake Iseo and Monte Isola
The Lake Iseo or Sebino It belongs to the group of large alpine lakes of glacial origin and is formed by the Oglio river which originates at the Gavia Pass, runs through the entire Val Camonica, enters the lake in the municipality of Costa Volpino and exits between Paratico and Sarnico.
Along the shores of the lake it is possible to visit countless historic villages. The major tourist centers are Iseo, Sarnico And Lovere. At the center of the lake is located Monte Isola, the largest island of European lakes that reaches 600 m of altitude and is characterized by a typically Mediterranean vegetation and picturesque villages. See here the sailing schedules of the lake.
For guests it is possible to book at the Agriturismo the entrances to the Franciacorta Golf Club, to the Water parks and ai Riding stables of Franciacorta.